As promised earlier. Here are some positive things about Chile.
For me the obvious number one reason to be here in Chile is to be able to be with Liz but see my official list here:
- Climate I came here first time in November 2007 and experienced a beautiful November with absolutely no rain and sunny warm weather. I know I started in the best time of year, summer. From October 2008 (when I arrived to stay) until now it has been raining exactly two times and was beautiful all the other days. Winter is different, which I am aware of but 6 months of sunshine where else do you get this?
- La Playa / the beach and skiing resorts within 90 minute reach of Santiago.
- Having the possibility to afford a “nana” who helps with the house hold two times per week
- Security – I feel very secure in Santiago and in Chile. It is known to be the most secure Country in Latin America. Here is the US embassies view on security.
- Amazing and (for a European) relatively inexpensive Restaurants – I read some negative comments about the food on the Chilean expat blogsphere and don’t really understand. Might be time for me to start doing Restaurant Reviews.
- It is affordable to hire a Child Carer to look after a baby
- A Metro which is clean and very inexpensive
- Inexpensive Taxis
- Locals who are open to foreigners and friendly towards them.
- I have mentioned the cost aspect a few times but also want to mention the general living costs / Rent or the price of houses / Apartments
This is a picture Liz took last winter from a skiing resort just outside Santigo:
If you live here or have lived here what are your Top 10 positive Things about living in Chile?